This is the team!

This is the team!
This is the Team....

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

3-31-14
Hola.
This week was pretty typical... haha nothing CRAZY. Still working on
Moses, but we werent able to meet with him this week which was a
bummer... Richard has been in the hospital all week and they "werent
allowed" to tell us which hospital he was in. Brother Oster (Richards
fellowshipper) got pretty mad at the people for not telling us... But
Richard called us early this morning and wants us to stop by tonight
so we'll figure out what was going on! hopefully nothing crazy.
We went on an exchange yesterday with the deaf elders again. It was
fun. It was the first Sunday exchange I've ever done so i didnt know
what to expect...Oh, CJ i met one of your friends that i guess was at
you and taryns wedding... I forgot his name but he was in the ward i
went to! Just thought it would be good to see how well the
missionaries work with the ward. Going there made me realize that our
ward counsel is actually pretty good... haha theirs wasn't.
Sometimes as a missionary you get really annoyed that the ward isn't
focusing on missionary work 100% of the time... haha jk but really. I
am now more thankful for our ward consel haha. If i'm ever a
mission leader i'm gonna give the missionaries a ton of time and have that be a big emphasis.
...Transfers are in 2 weeks so we'll see what happens there. I'm thinking i'll probably be transferred... I love this ward but i'm ready to move on haha guess that's how every area is. Well that's all i got peace love you



This week was pretty good, I called a guy during weekly planning that I remembered we talked to and like a month and a half ago.  I asked him if he still wanted to have a chapel tour.  He accepted and we are meeting at the chapel on Wednesday.  We knocked on a door and met an 18 year old kid.  He let us in and we taught the Restoration.  The Spirit was strong and he accepted a Book Of Mormon.  We set him with a baptismal date for April 19th.  The next day, we went back in the evening.  His mom (another religion, Cook Islander)  told us he couldn't speak english very well, and that he didn't understand us the day before.  But we were sure that he was understanding everything we said.  She told us that he was moving back to the Islands soon. (She was probably lying).  We got her permission for him to come to church.  In the morning we went to go by and walk with him to church.  She said he had been drinking all night.  So nothing happened from it.  We talked with Abraham, and we are having a "piano lesson" on Friday.  If only I knew how to teach piano lessons... 
Dallin

No comments:

Post a Comment